Please view our complete Terms and Conditions
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is defined as “information about an identifiable individual” and includes information concerning matters such as race, ethnic origin, colour, age, marital status, religion, education, medical, criminal, employment or financial history, address and telephone number, numerical identifiers such as Social Insurance Number, fingerprints, blood type, tissue or biological sample, and views or personal opinions. It also includes information about your product and service subscriptions and usage. Publicly available information, such as public directory listings of your name, address, telephone number, is not considered personal information.
What Information do we collect and what do we use the Information for?
We collect and use personal information about you and your use of our products and services and our websites (the “Information”) to: (i) initiate and maintain our relationship with you in connection with our products and services; (ii) administer billing and accounting services and security measures in relation to your business with us; (iii) promote and market additional products and services offered by us, including by means of direct marketing; (iv) provide you with personalized features and services; (v) contact you to fulfill distribution of prizes if you win a promotion or contest; and (vi) comply with any legal and regulatory requirements, including requirements or requests of government agencies or pursuant to a subpoena or other legal proceeding.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, use live chat, open a support ticket, provide us with feedback on our products or services surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- For your convenience we may store your credit card information kept for more than 60 days in order to expedite future orders, and to automate the billing process.
What are Privacy Principles?
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act incorporates the ten principles of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. The Privacy Principles establish the minimum standards required to be followed by organizations for the protection of personal information. DANK DEPO has adopted and incorporated these Privacy Principles into its Privacy Code.
The 10 Privacy Principles are as follows:
DANK DEPO is responsible for information under its control and shall designate an individual(s) who is(are) accountable for the organization’s compliance with theÂ Privacy Principles.
- Identifying Purposes
The purpose for which personal information is collected shall be identified by DANK DEPO at or before the time the information is collected.
The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
- Limiting Collection
The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purpose identified by the organization.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Personal Information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law, and shall be retained only as long as necessary for fulfillment of those purposes.
Personal information shall be accurate, complete and as up-to-date as is necessary for the purpose for which it is to be used.
Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
DANK DEPO shall make specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information readily available to individuals.
- Individual Access
Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Challenging Compliance
An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the principles to DANK DEPO’s compliance officer.
You can request copies of the CSA Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information from:
Canadian Standards Association
178 Rexdale Boulevard
DANK DEPO’s website and services may use “cookies” on the inyerface.com website (“Site”). A cookie is a small data file that a website stores, through your web browser, on your device in order to remember information about you. Cookies enable you to automatically login to your account without having to input your login information and to personalize your experience on the Site, tell us which parts of the Site people have visited, and give us insight into your browsing behavior so we can improve our products and services. DANK DEPO also uses third party cookies, cookies from a different website, for our advertising and marketing efforts.
Most web browsers give you some control over cookies through the browser settings. If you happen to use one of the following browsers, you can learn more about how to manage cookies on your browser:
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
Cookies used on our website
We compiled a list of the cookies used on our website and classified and categorized them based on industry guidelines. We use the following categories of cookies on our website and services:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to browse around our Site and use its features: managing your privacy preferences, logging in to your account, or filling in forms. Without these cookies, our Site cannot function.
- Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how you use our Site (e.g., which pages are the most popular and which pages you frequent the most). We use this data to help optimize the Site and make it easier for you to navigate. These cookies are also used to let our affiliates know if you came to our Site from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us, including details of the product or service purchased. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make while browsing – enhancing the personalization and functionality of your experience. For example, these cookies remember your preferences related to text size, fonts, and other customizable Site elements. They may also be used to keep track of what featured products or videos have been viewed to avoid repetition. The information collected by these cookies will not personally identify you, and cannot track your browsing activity once you leave our Site.
- Targeting Cookies
These are third party cookies that are set by our advertising partners and may be used to gather information about your browsing habits, which can be used to determine what relevant advertisements are displayed when you are browsing other Sites. If you do not allow these cookies, you will not experience our targeted advertising across different websites.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By logging in to your account
- By chatting with us or by sending us a support ticket
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 19 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 19 years old. All users are asked to verify their age.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails…
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Let us know by creating a support ticket or via live chat
- Email us directly
…and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.